February Update

 Total Service Hours: 3

I hope everyone had a great Mardi Gras!

For the month of February I did not complete any service hours. While I was unable to perform any service this month, I did complete my application to volunteer with Children's Hospital of New Orleans again. Starting this March, I plan to begin volunteering with them before or after class and on the weekends. I also took this month to create and start working on my full plan for this upcoming medical school application cycle for the c/o 2027. I was able to take this month to start working on my personal statement and questions about my extracurricular and volunteering experiences. During this month I also scheduled my MCAT and the MCAT classes I plan on starting this semester so that I can stay on track with both school and preparing for medical school applications simultaneously. 

Within this month, it was interesting to learn further detail about contraception and the differences between migraines and the many types of headaches. Overall, I really enjoyed learning about the differing methods of contraceptions being used by individuals because it was in much greater detail than discussing overall methods from oral to injection. It was nice to become familiarized with the varying mechanisms of actions that each method works as and the varying contraindications that each has. I am more familiar with oral contraception, but it was interesting to learn about combined and progestin only contraceptions and why each would be used for individuals. The Neurology module was most interesting because as a class we completed a Sim Session with a bullet wound patient, and we were able to see how administering medications in that instance would occur in a more realistic setting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Update

April Update