October Update

 October Community Service Hours: 5

The month of October was a good month for both academics and community service. During the month, our classes exposed us to more drug lists, and we learned in greater detail about cardiac mechanisms along with the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system. It was interesting to learn about EKGs in greater detail and learn how to determine which drugs were being distributed by paying attention to intervals on them. The video we viewed of the lab was a great learning point in my opinion. I also enjoyed the various topics that were presented to us during the month from our seminar speakers. Dr. Richard-Davis was overall my favorite speaker because health disparities involving race and income are still very prevalent today and I think the school she works at has set forth a great initiative to attack the problem head on starting at the student level and community level. During the month of October, I was able to take a small trip to California, which is where I conducted my service for the month. Recently, there was an oil spill that affected the coast, so my friend and I signed up with Orange Country COASTKEEPER. That was my first time participating in a beach clean up, but it was a fun experience. I loved how as we were cleaning you saw an immediate difference. 


- Tiffany C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February Update

November Update

April Update